How to Style Curtain Hair like a Pro
Curtain hair is a beautiful and elegant hairstyle that has been around since the 50s. It’s characterized by two distinct sides around the face, which frame it and give it a sophisticated look. It’s a great way to keep your hair looking neat and put together and can be styled in a variety of ways to suit your taste and face shape. While it may seem intimidating, styling curtain hair like a pro is fairly simple and can be done in just a few easy steps.
What You Need
To style curtain hair like a pro, you will need:
- A blow dryer
- A round brush
- Hair clips
- Hair spray
- A curling iron
Step by Step Guide on How to Style Curtain Hair:
- Wash and condition your hair. Start by washing your hair with a cleansing shampoo and conditioning it. This will ensure that your hair is clean and hydrated, which will make styling much easier. Then, leave your hair to air dry or gently towel dry until it is damp. It’s important not to try and style your hair when it’s wet, as this can cause damage to the cuticles and can lead to frizz.
- Part your hair. The most important step in achieving a curtain hairstyle is to part your hair the correct way. To do this, divide your hair into two sections from ear to ear. This will create the two distinct sides of your curtain hairstyle. It’s important to keep the part straight, as this will allow your style to look more even.
- Blow dry your hair. Take a round brush in one hand and a blow dryer in the other. Starting at the roots, direct your blow dryer at the section of hair you’re working on and use the brush to smooth it out in the direction you want it to go. It’s important to keep the blow dryer constantly moving in order to avoid heat damage. Once you’re done, clip that section of hair to the side and move on to the next section.
- Curl the sections of your hair. Take your curling iron and wrap small sections of your hair around it. Make sure to wrap the sections away from your face, as this will ensure that your hairstyle looks more natural. Keep the sections small in order to create more defined curls. Once you’re done, you can use your fingers to gently separate the curls and give them more volume.
- Finish styling. Once you’re done curling, use some hairspray to keep the style in place. You can also use a little bit of pomade or wax to add texture and hold. Finally, use your fingers to comb through your hair and give it a more natural look.
With these five easy steps, you now know how to create curtain hair like a pro! Keep in mind that practice makes perfect, so keep styling your hair and experimenting with different techniques.