How to Make Oats with Milk
Oats with milk make a delicious breakfast that is full of nutrients and helps to keep you feeling full for hours. This step-by-step guide will help you make oats with milk in an easy and hassle-free way.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 4 cups of whole-fat or 2% cow’s milk
- Honey (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Fresh or dried fruits (optional)
- Nuts, seeds, and other toppings (optional)
- 1 medium-sized pot with a lid
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 heatproof bowl
- 1 ladle
- Combine oats and milk: Place the pot on the stovetop and turn the heat to medium-high. Once the pot is hot, add the 2 cups of rolled oats and 4 cups of milk to the pot. Let the mixture cook for about 8 minutes, stirring regularly with the wooden spoon.
- Lower the heat: After 8 minutes, reduce the heat to low and stir the oats constantly for about 4 minutes.
- Add honey and salt: If desired, add a tablespoon of honey and a pinch of salt to the mixture. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Top with fruits, nuts, and seeds: Add fresh or dried fruits, nuts, and other toppings to the oatmeal. Stir to combine.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl: Use the ladle to transfer the oatmeal from the pot to the heatproof bowl.
- Enjoy the oatmeal: Your oatmeal is now ready to enjoy. You can add more milk to make it creamier, or sprinkle more sugar or honey on top for an extra sweet treat.
Tips for Making Perfect Oats with Milk
- Make sure to stir the oats continuously during the cooking process to ensure that they cook evenly and don’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Adding a pinch of salt to the oats helps to enhance their flavor.
- To make the oats extra creamy, use whole-fat or 2% cow’s milk. Other types of milk such as soy or almond can be used as well, but their texture will be slightly different.
- You can get creative with your toppings. Try adding fresh or dried fruits, nuts, seeds, nut butters, or even chocolate chips.
- Leftover oatmeal can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave or stovetop before eating.
Making oats with milk is an easy and nutritious way to start the day. With this step-by-step guide, you can create a delicious and satisfying bowl of oatmeal quickly and easily.