How to Give a Wolf Cut
A wolf cut is a type of hairdo sported by men and women alike. It is a signature look for many, and incorporates shaved sides, light facial and neck hair, and a thick top layer of hair. Giving this cut is a bit more involved than just giving someone a normal haircut, so you’ll need to be patient and take your time. Here’s how to give a wolf cut.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Give a Wolf Cut
- Start with a longer cut. Before you begin the actual wolf cut, it’s important that you start with a longer cut. The longer the hair is, the more options you’ll have when it comes to the top layer of the cut. Use a number 2 or 3 clipper blade to start, and then slowly work your way down to a number 1 if desired.
- Part the hair. After you have the desired length for the top layer of hair, part the hair on either side of the head to create two sections. This will make it easier for you to make your design for the sides of the head.
- Shave the sides. Use a trimmer to shave the sides of the head, from the top of the neck to the hairline. This is where the wolf cut really starts to come together, so it’s important that you take your time to get the desired look.
- Create the details. Working with the trimmer, create the details of the cut. This includes carving a line along the hairline of each side of the head, and creating a closely shaved chin and jawline. Use a light hand to avoid making any mistakes. You can also shave a light line down the center of the head to give the wolf cut more definition.
- Shape the top. Use scissors to trim the top of the hair, making sure to trim the sides, back, and top of the head symmetrically. You can also use a razor to add texture to the top of the hair for an even more groomed look. Lastly, you can use product, such as gel or wax, to hold the styling in place.
- Trim the neckline. Use the trimmer to trim the neckline at the back of the head. This is important for making sure the look is complete and clean. Make sure to use a light touch, as to not over-trim or create lines that aren’t desired.
- Clean up the edges. To finish off the wolf cut, use the trimmer to clean up the edges of the cut. This includes the hairline, the sides, and the neckline. Make sure everything looks symmetrical and straight. This will ensure your work looks professional.
The wolf cut is a unique and modern look that’s popular with both men and women. It takes some practice to get the look just right, but with the right technique and tools, you can give someone a professional wolf cut. Follow these steps and you’ll be able to give someone a stylish and cool wolf cut.