How to Draw Anime Eyes like a Pro
Are you a fan of Anime? Do you aspire to draw anime eyes that evoke emotion and life like the characters in your favorite Anime shows? Drawing anime eyes can be a daunting task, but with the right guidance, you can master the art of drawing realistic and beautiful anime eyes. In this guide, we will provide you with detailed step-by-step instructions on how to draw anime eyes like a pro.
Steps on How to Draw Anime Eyes
- Draw the Basic Shape of the Eye. The first step in drawing anime eyes is to draw the basic shape of the eye. Start by drawing an oval shape with a slight tilt and then draw a vertical line within the oval shape starting from the bottom and going towards the upward direction. Finally, draw a horizontal line within the oval shape, parallel to the horizontal line. The two lines you drew will give you the shape of a basic anime eye.
- Draw the Top and Bottom Eyelids. Now that you have the basic shape of the anime eye, it’s time to draw the top and bottom eyelids. To draw the top and bottom eyelids, draw a curved line that follows the basic shape of the eye. Make sure you draw the eyelids slightly smaller than the eye itself.
- Draw the Eye’s Inner Corner. To draw the eye’s inner corner, draw a curved line near the center of the eye and slightly above the horizontal line. This curved line should be small and delicate.
- Draw the Vertical Line for the Iris. Next, draw a vertical line in the middle of the eye towards the upward direction. This line will be the starting point for the iris of the eye.
- Draw the Iris. To draw the iris, draw a curved line that begins from the vertical line and extends to the top of the eye. Make sure the iris line is slightly thinner than the eye’s top eyelid line.
- Draw the Pupil. To draw the pupil, draw a small circle in the center of the iris line. Make sure the pupil is slightly smaller than the iris line.
- Draw the Lower Lash Line. To draw the lower lash line, draw a curved line that begins from the iris line and extends to the bottom of the eye. This line should be thin and delicate.
- Draw the Top Lash Line. To draw the top lash line, draw a curved line that begins from the inner corner of the eye and extends to the top of the eye. Make sure the line is slightly thicker than the lower lash line.
- Erase the Excess Lines. After you have finished drawing the eye, make sure to go over the drawing and erase any extra lines that are not necessary. This will help to make the eye look neat and clean.
- Add Color. Once you have finished erasing the extra lines, you can add color to the eye. You can use any colors that you like, but typically anime eyes are usually made with bright colors like blue, green, or yellow. You can also use darker colors like brown or black to give your anime eyes more depth and realism.
- Add the Finishing Touches. Once you are happy with the colors of your anime eyes, you can add a few more finishing touches to make it look more realistic. You can add small highlights, shadows, and other details to the eye to make it look more lifelike. You can also add eyelashes to make the eyes stand out more.
Tips on How to Draw Anime Eyes
- Practice Drawing from Reference. Drawing Anime eyes can be tricky, so it’s important to practice drawing from reference. Look for pictures of Anime characters with realistic eyes, and practice drawing them, until you feel comfortable with the process. The more you practice, the better you will become at drawing Anime eyes.
- Focus on Proportions. When drawing Anime eyes, it is important to focus on proportions. Make sure you draw the eyes in the proper proportions, so that the eyes look realistic and believable.
- Experiment with Different Eye Shapes. One of the best ways to become an expert at drawing Anime eyes is to experiment with different eye shapes. Draw a variety of eyes, and see which ones you like the best. By experimenting, you can develop your own style of drawing Anime eyes.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Make Mistakes. Drawing Anime eyes can be a challenging task, and mistakes will happen. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and keep practicing until you get it right.
Drawing Anime eyes can be a challenging and rewarding task. With the steps outlined in this guide, you should be able to draw Anime eyes like a pro. Don’t forget to practice, focus on proportions, experiment with different eye shapes, and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.