How to Create a Hotmail Account
Hotmail is an online email service offered by Microsoft and is one of the most popular email providers in the world. Creating a Hotmail account is simple and free, and there are a few steps to follow in order to get your account set up.
Follow these steps to create a Hotmail account:
- Open the Hotmail website: To get started, open your web browser and go to Outlook.com, the official Hotmail website. You will see the Sign Up page for Hotmail.
- Fill in the personal information: On the Sign Up page you will need to enter some personal information in order to create your account. This includes your name, date of birth, gender, country and phone number. You can also choose to add an optional picture of yourself.
- Create a username: The next step is to create your email address. You need to choose a username which will become your Hotmail address. It should be something which is easy to remember and is not already taken by someone else. You can also add a domain name to the end of your address to make it unique, such as @outlook.com or @hotmail.com.
- Choose a password: After you have created your username, you will need to choose a password for your account. Choose a secure password which is difficult to guess but easy for you to remember. Make sure to use a combination of letters, numbers and symbols in your password.
- Confirm your account: Once you have filled in all the required information, you can click on the ‘Create Account’ button to finish creating your account. You will then be asked to confirm your account by entering a code sent to your phone number or email address. Once you have done this, your Hotmail account is now ready to use.
- Customize your account: You can now customize your Hotmail account to make it more personal to you. You can add a profile picture, change the theme and colors, and add contacts to your account.
- Start using your account: Once you have finished customizing your account, you can start using it. You can send and receive emails, add attachments, create folders and so much more. You can also use your account to log into other Microsoft services such as Office Online and Skype.
Creating a Hotmail account is a quick and easy process which only takes a few minutes. Once you have an account, you can start sending and receiving emails, as well as enjoying all of the other features that Hotmail has to offer.